It was a long day today. We all checked in at the chaotic airport at 6:30 a.m. in high spirits. The first flights had taken off and we felt lucky that our flights weren't affected by the weather. But all the excitement just turned to disappointment when we were told, while standing on the tarmac waiting to board that Lukla airport had just dissapeared under cloud cover. We were promptly driven back to the airport terminal waiting for a weather window. If only the visibility improved for 45 mins, we would be in and could start our trek into base camp. In this hope we waited the entire day. At one point we were quicly bundled into the aircraft and just as we were about to take off the pilot turned around and gave us the news, "we are going back, Lukla is covered again." At 3 p.m. it was decided that waiting any longer would be futile so we headed back into Kathmandu. Currently the team is staying at the Malla Hotel. Apa and Yangji are staying at another hotel near the Asian Trekking offices. We are all tired from a long day of waiting. Tomorrow, we try again.